Saturday, October 5, 2013




Hollywood Exes

Brief show synopsis:
This show is about 5 women (Sheri ex wife to Will Smith, Nicole ex wife to Eddie Murphy, Andrea ex wife to R.Kelly, Samicka ex wife to Martin Lawrence, and Jessica ex wife to Jose Canseco) who are now divorced from high profile men. It takes you on a journey of forgiveness, friendship, and new beginnings. 

My opinion/overview:
As with most shows each week the previews make you want to tune in, and so far I have not been disappointed. These women go from loving one another, and understanding each others struggle, to hating each other and wanting to fight. Its so weird to me that I have never really noticed how race can play a part in friendships. In one of the recent episodes that I watched Jessica (who is the only white woman in the cast) called one of the girls a "hood rat", as a joke. Apparently you can't call a black woman a hood rat, if you are a white woman. I just didn't get it! If you don't like being called a certain name, in my eyes it shouldn't be said by anyone, white or black. Its such a double standard, and I just didn't get the big deal, Jessica was clearly joking. On the other hand Jessica is known for not thinking before she speaks, so maybe this was just the tip of the iceberg for her. This hood rat thing took over the entire episode, and I was so over it. The bad thing is, in the previews for this weeks episode, which is also the season finale, we are still talking about the same thing! Hopefully they will have a little more going on, because I'm sure I'm not the only person who is tired of the subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment